Special General Meeting
Please let us know if you will participate in the vote either by phone, online or in person.
Please click here to let us know how you plan to participate!
Read the special resolutions here.
Read the agreement in principal here.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE WILDROSE POLITICAL ASSOCIATION TO BE HELD JULY 22, 2017
Notice is hereby given that the Executive Committee of the Wildrose Political Association (“Wildrose”) has resolved to hold a Special General Meeting (“SGM”) on July 22, 2017 at the Radisson Hotel, 6500 67 Street, Red Deer, Alberta (the “SGM Location”), commencing at 8:00am.
Purpose of the SGM
The purpose of the SGM shall be as follows:
1. To vote on the question of whether the membership ratifies the “Agreement in Principle on the Establishment of the United Conservative Party” dated May 18, 2017 (the “Agreement in Principle”).
2. To vote on such special resolutions as may be required to implement the Agreement in Principle, including the establishment of an Interim Joint Board and the adoption of an amalgamation agreement between Wildrose, the United Conservative Association, and the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta (the “Special Resolutions on Unity”).
A copy of the Agreement in Principle is available for review by clicking here.
Notice of the exact text of the Special Resolutions on Unity will be provided to all Wildrose members not less than 21 days in advance of the meeting.
A detailed meeting schedule and special rules of order for the SGM will also be provided to all Wildrose members in advance of the meeting.
Right to Attend the SGM
In order to have the right to attend the SGM and to vote on the Special Resolutions on Unity, a member must:
1. have a valid Wildrose membership;
2. be a member in good standing as of 11:59pm on July 8, 2017; and
3. have registered for the SGM.
How to Participate and Vote
Wildrose is committed to ensuring our members have an opportunity to participate in this important decision while complying with our Party’s Constitution.
Your Executive Committee is arranging for telephone and/or online technology to allow eligible members who are unable to be present at the SGM Location to be deemed present at the SGM and to vote on the Special Resolutions on Unity. Further details will be provided as soon as they are available.
Registration to Attend the SGM
Registration is appreciate for all eligible members who wish to vote on this important decision, whether they intend to be present at the SGM Location or participate through telephone and/or online technology.
6500 67 St
Red Deer, AB T4P 1A2
Google map and directions