April 11, 2012
IMPORTANT NEWS: Alberta Health Services Funds The PCs And Liberals Instead Of Health Care For Seniors
An Access to Information request (LINK) confirms that Alberta Health Services and its subsidiaries have been sending taxpayer dollars to the PCs and Liberals instead of spending the money on health care for seniors. This is not the first time the PCs have accepted illegal donations and put taxpayer dollars in their political party coffers rather than help Alberta’s elderly.
The PCs have not only accepted donations from provincial government agencies, municipalities, school boards, and universities, but they sought them out! Will the Alison Redford PCs commit to making public the last seven years of their records to show all Albertans just how many illegal donations from taxpayer dollars are being used to fund the PC campaign? Here are the records uncovered so far:
- In 2004 the Calgary Laboratory Services gave the PC Party $3,000 taxpayer dollars. (http://www.wildrose.ca/feature/pcs-accepted-donations-from-health-superboard/
- 2005 and 2007 the Calgary Health Region donated to the PC Party NINE times.
- 2009 and 2010 the Calgary Laboratory Services donated to the PC Party.
- 2009 and 2011 Alberta Health Services, on behalf of St Michael’s Hospital, donated to the Alberta Liberal Party.
- 2009 the Chinook Health Region, on behalf of St Michael’s Hospital, donated to the Alberta Liberal Party.
To date, 15 illegal payments to the PCs and Liberals were made through AHS. These are funds that should have been spent on providing timely medical care to older Albertans. Instead, we can only assume they will be used for political campaigning over the next two weeks, unless the parties do the right thing and transparently demonstrate that they have returned these health dollars to the health system. While this is the first suggestion we know of where the Liberals have been involved, it is part of a chronic problem for the governing PCs and they owe Albertans some answers. So again we ask: Will Alison Redford and her PCs open their books to the public and return any donations made with taxpayer dollars? Wildrose stands for free enterprise, less government, increased personal freedom, and democracy.